Already in 1880, the »Alte Bad« (old bath) became the »Baths museum Bad Elster«, which thereby became one of the first such institution of its kind in western Saxony. Since 1997, the museum has been located in the former "Salzquelle" or salt spring, in today's KunstWandelhalle, and was reopened as the »Saxon Baths museum Bad Elster« with a permanent exhibit. Today, the museum presents two groups of themes, which depict the impressive development of the most traditional Saxon state spa "From weaver village to world-renowned spa".
Videobericht zur Eröffnung der neuen Dauerausstellung im Sächsischen Bademuseum Bad Elster am 26. April 2009.